Board Honors 2012-13 Retiring Staff
At the May 14, 2013 San Juan School District Board Meeting, retirees for the 2012-13 school year were recognized, and personally thanked for their many years of service with the district. Each retiree was presented a nice bag with the district logo, and a pot with an artist’s depiction of the geographic area he/she worked in.
The district has fourteen retirees this year (11 Certified and 3 Classified), and seven of those were able to attend this meeting. Combined, our retirees have an amazing 400+ years of service with the district.
Superintendent Doug Wright expressed his heartfelt thanks on behalf of the district for these excellent employees, and the years they have shared with the district. We are losing some wonderful people, and we wish them the very best in their retirement years.
For more pictures of the retirees or to listen to an audio recording of the presentations, please visit our BoardDocs website and view the agenda for the May 14th Board Meeting: http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/sjsd/Board.nsf/vpublic?open
Included is a list of all retiring staff:
- Rebecca Cochran | Monticello High
- JoAnn Smith | Blanding Elementary
- Dina Cahoon | Blanding Elementary
- Vina Jeanie Kiro | Blanding Elementary
- Daisy Buck | Bluff Elementary
- Linda Sosa | Whitehorse High
- Robin Benallie | Whitehorse High
- Jack Seltzer | Monument Valley High
- Patricia Seltzer | Monument Valley High
- James Black | Monument Valley High
- Suzi Yazzie | Tse'bii'nidzisgai Elementary
- Bertha Parrish | Tse'bii'nidzisgai Elementary
- Deb Bayles | District Office