Together We Can (October 7-11)
- October is National Bullying Prevention Week so members of the Student Council and Social Committee are planning two events:
- Unity Day (Wed, Oct 9) = wear orange to show your support against bullying, and
- Button Day (Mon, Oct 21) = wear your “Respect Begins With Me” button to show you are prepared to stand against bullying.
2. Young people are getting the idea that it is great to hustle to class, but unsafe to run / sprint. Thanks for being responsible and safe.
3. After School Program is running smoothly and helping lots of young people improve their academic skills and knowledge. Anyone wanting to stay after school gets a pass from a teacher and reports to the cafeteria right after 8th hour ends.
4. Teachers learned ways to make assessments match the language skill levels of various students through the WIDA Training. Just In Time Differentiation will be used to help young people beyond the struggles with academic language and technical writing expectations.